Rules & Netiquette
Please read the rules very carefully before participating on YESINDEED. Many of the rules have been put in place to protect the integrity of the site and its core mission to help people. We have divided the rules up in to 4 categories: Wish Netiquette, Rules For Wishing, Rules For Offering to Grant, and Technical Rules. Repeatedly breaking or ignoring any of these rules will result in suspension or termination of a member’s account. Administration has the authority to change these rules and remove any wish, offer, comment or content that they feel is not appropriate.
- THIS IS NOT AN OPINION SITE: This is a site for helping only. No one can judge the Wish, the Wisher or the Hero.
- NEGATIVITY IS NOT ALLOWED: This site is for positive reinforcement and support. All negative wishes and comments will be deleted.
- SPAM IS NOT ALLOWED: Do not private message members directly asking them for help, to view your wish, to sign up for something or to visit another site. These are all forms of spam.
- NO TATTLETALES: Please do not post comments stating the rules on someone’s wish, it is considered poor etiquette. Instead, send that person a polite private message or contact one of the admin. Many members are new and their actions are unintentional.
- DON’T BE GREEDY: We realize that everyone has a bunch of things they want and need, but don’t make a single wish containing a wide range of items. It will almost guarantee nothing or little will get granted. Make a single true wish from your heart and be honest with as much detail as possible. That will make it easier for your hero to find you. Wishes do come true!
- THANK YOU: After you receive your granted wish, thank your hero in a Private Message, it’s common courtesy and common sense. Also you must go back to your wish and place a comment in the comment section stating you received what was offered and thank your wisher for sending. This way everyone will know that this wisher kept their word.
- MONTHLY WISH LIMIT: You are allowed to post 2 wishes every 30 days for 2 different things.
RULES ABOUT WISHING
- TRUE WISHES ONLY: We do not allow wishes that are created for: solicitation, spamming, selling, voting, advertising or visiting any website for personal or commercial reasons. We do not allow wishes that are hateful, negative, politically based or of religious nature. We do not allow wishes that ask for shipping funds for the purpose of granting other wishes.
- NO TOP POSTING: Do not use your 2 wishes for the same thing. Do not remove and repost your wish to secure a front page spot. ONLY If your wish is over 30 days old and no one has offered to grant it may you repost it.
- NO WISH LINKING: We do not allow wishes that ask members to view any other wishes. Members cannot wish for the same things for the same person if there is already a wish up for it.
- NO ILLEGAL COPIES: We do not allow wishes that involved duplication of copyrighted material. It is also illegal to grant a wish using duplicated copyrighted material. This includes movies, music, books and software.
- NO RAFFLES: We do not allow wishes that raffle items. It is illegal without permit.
- NO CONTEST OR GIVEAWAYS: The Wish System was not programmed to handle contest and giveaways by members. If you would like to hold a contest or giveaway an item please post it in OUR FACEBOOK GROUP LOCATED HERE:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/giftsandwishes/ Only administration approved contest will be allowed.
- KEEP IT CLEAN: We do not allow wishes of sexual nature or x-rated topics. We do not allow wishes that request financial support for people who have been convicted of any crime, including tickets and bail money. Also no vulgar language, disturbing pictures or inappropriate links are allowed in the wish or the comment area. Many schools, organizations and churches adopt wishes throughout the year and we do not want to deter them from using our site.
- NO SHARING ACCOUNTS: We recommend that everyone use their own personal Paypal/CASHAPP accounts. If someone is sharing or using another member’s money exchange account, then this information must be announced in the Wish itself. Any attempts to conceal this information will be considered scamming.
- NO RESELLING: If you are caught reselling an item that you have received from a wish being granted you will be banned from the site. YESINDEED is created for direct needs and not intended as a way to make money by selling wished for items.
- NO WISHING FOR PAST OR PRESENT MEMBERS : You can make a wish for people who are NOT members on YESINDEED. If someone is or was a member then you cannot make a wish for money or item donations for them. We want to prevent complaints of wishers collecting money for other members and not giving it to them. However, you may still make a Wish from the Heart (Prayer request) for other active members if they are unable to do so. Making a wish for a banned or suspended member will be recognized as an act of rebellion and will result in member privileges being revoked.
RULES ABOUT OFFERING TO GRANT
- If you cannot afford shipping and handling, then do not offer to grant the wish. Yes, you can make a wish for stamps, but make sure you have the stamps in hand before making an offer on a wish where shipping cost is needed.
- If the wisher needs to join or sign-up to another site to receive money, then do not offer to grant the wish.
- If the wisher is asking for financial donation and you can only offer prayers, cards, or advice, then do not offer to grant the wish. You can still show your support and help, use the comments section.
- If you do not have the financial ability or the item currently available to grant a wish, then do not offer to grant the wish. Someone else may be ready to grant the same wish but won’t because they think the wish has an active offer on it. Add the wish to your favorites to track its progress and possibly grant it in the future.
- Due to processing fees we require all monetary donations to be more than one dollar if funds are being sent via paypal. Any attempt to grant a wish with any amount less than one dollar via users or YESINDEED’s Paypal accounts will be perceived as an attempt to gain Hero recognition and the offer will be moved to the comments section of the wish.
- Your offer to grant a wish means you will ship the promised item(s) within a week period. Otherwise please save the wish in your favorites or enter your intent in the comments section until such a time as when you can fulfill your offer.
- ONE ACCOUNT PER PERSON: Each individual is allowed only one YESINDEED user account.
- Do not make a wish for a person in your household who is under 18 unless you are are the caregiver of that individual. All married couple are asked to make one account. Do not make a wish for someone in your household who is over 18 unless it is your spouse where you have a shared account.
- GENIE RULES: You can only have 2 wishes per month. Wishes can only be posted 72 hours apart, cannot be edited in the first 24 hours, and will remain posted for at least 7 days.
- WISH GRANT REMOVAL: A wisher must wait 21 days to file a claim that a wish was not granted. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the wish link and the user who did not follow through.
STANDARD SITE NETIQUETTE
- In the Wish Database, forums, e-mails, or comments, we don’t allow obscene, bigoted, or sexually explicit language. We reserve the right to remove postings that contain obscene, bigoted, insulting, abusive, or hateful content, and suspend or terminate the member accounts of anyone who posts such content. Any harassing notes or postings that might be construed as stalking will be deleted, and we reserve the right to inform and/or provide assistance to law enforcement agencies in any way we deem appropriate. We also reserve the right to remove notes that are off the subject or not in English.
- You may not suggest, encourage, boast about, or discuss your participation in any illegal activity. If illegal activity is discussed on message boards or in chat rooms, we reserve the right to inform and/or provide assistance to law enforcement agencies in any way we deem appropriate.
- You must have copyright ownership of all material that you post on our message boards and in our chats. No articles, recipes, song lyrics, art, graphics, or other material may be posted without the express written consent of the copyright holder.
- Don’t give out personal information about yourself or anyone else publicly. This means no posting of phone numbers, addresses, e-mail addresses, Social Security numbers, passwords, or any other private information. Also, do not ask anyone else to post his or her phone number, address, e-mail address, Social Security number, password, or any other private information. Email and phone information should only be given to expedite wishes. Addresses should only be given to heroes for shipping purposes.
- You participate at your own risk on the Facebook page/Group, IM, TEXT, in chat, and in e-mail. All YESINDEED chats may be monitored by our staff members. You take responsibility for postings under your identification and use the information provided on this site, including on message boards, chat, and e-mail, at your own risk. We take no responsibility for the content or opinions posted on message boards, chat, and e-mail.
- Do not type in all capitals, it is perceived as YELLING!
- Check the contents of your wish prior to submitting it. You will not be able to correct spelling errors or wish title for 24 hours.
- Use common sense and good judgment, and have a wonderful time.
© YESINDEED 2019. All rights reserved.